High-frequency converters «RU-Drive» are designed for the frequency speed control of asynchronous, synchronous and wound rotor motors with power from 280 to 15,000 kW and a rated voltage of 3-11 kV.
- Metallurgy: Domain blowers, oxygen stations, ventilation.
- Power: nutrients and circulation pumps, fans, exhaust fans.
- development of ore industry: wastewater pumps, ventilation systems.
- utilities: water supply pumps, sewerage, air-blowing station.
- The use of frequency converter in energy-intensive units for controlling industrial processes instead of control valves, dampers, hydraulic couplings, etc. reduces manufacturing costs by optimizing the electricity consumption.
Frequency converters «RU-DRIVE» implement the direct conversion of the input high voltage (without the use of step-down and step-up transformers). They offer advanced technical solutions for transforming high voltage by fully controllable semiconductor devices - IGBT (insulated-gate bipolar transistor). IGBT allow to ensure sinusoidal current in the motor windings with low distortion, reducing losses in the engine.
1. Application of technology "pure sine"
- Meets IEEE519 standard;
- nearly sinusoidal current and voltage on the network and engine side are not necessary to use reactors and filters;
- the decrease the power output of the engine is not required;
- Provides multi-level PWM of voltage waveform without perceptible audible motor noise
- does not decrease the engine parameters, it can be applied to new or existing engines with service factor - 1.0 and unity power factor of synchronous engines.
- Eliminates harmful current harmonic induced by conventional current-frequency drives, which causes engine heating
- The minimum value of the higher current harmonics, doesn’t have adverse effects on the motor insulation and cable;
- Maximum cable length to the motor -1000m.
- Does not require motor bearing special isolation and their adaptation for operation with a frequency converter;
- No limitations in the use of old motors and others.
2. There is no output transformer
- High-voltage electric motor is controlled directly with the protection provision;
- simple equipment installation;
- Downsizing drive compared with two-transformer circuit.
3. High efficiency
- Efficiency is higher compared with a conventional two-transformer and a thyristor inverter circuit;
- Less harmonic losses in the motor
- There are no losses in the output transformer
- High power factor due to the diode bridge rectifier circuit.
- the use of standard engine is allowed, there is no restriction in the use of old motors;
- Can be used with loads with constant torque and high starting torque, such as mixers and extruders;
- Wide supply voltage range: from 3 to 11 kV;
- Ability to use a frequency converter with an input voltage of 3 kV to control the motor of 1.4 kW;
- Individual curves of acceleration / deceleration;
- Extensive communication capabilities: communication protocols Profibus, Modbus, TCP / IP, GPRS.
5. Synchronized bypass - Synchronization to the mains when switching the motor from the inverter to the network and from mains to inverter.
- Cascade on / off motor running at rated speed;
- The use in pumping stations working on one collector.
- The fiber optic connection between power circuits and control circuits;
- Application of components from the leading manufacturers: IGBT-modules and master controller manufacturing SIEMENS; thyristors, rectifiers and bypass bridge - IXYS Corporation (USA), the production of electrolytic capacitors - NIPPON (Japan);
- 100% check of power cells in critical conditions: the test after undergoing thermal cameras and other.
7. Trouble-free operation
- Continued operation at short-term power failure (up to 300 msec)
- Continued operation when the voltage drops to 30% of the nominal;
- Automatic catch of a spinning motor after a power failure and its smooth restart;
- Option of failed power cell bypass. Damaged power cell bypass and the work resumption with reduced power with the remaining cells allows you to continue the process and postpone maintenance to prime time;
- The option the frequency converter bypass if you want to continue the process in case of frequency converter failure, etc..